Monday, August 18, 2008

HE'S FINALLY HERE!



Cooper Joffre Watson has finally arrived! We are ecstatic to have him here ~ he is such a blessing.




Here's my story:


We arrived at 7 am to be induced and we got the nurse we'd requested. Her name is Rita and she was our nurse with Tucker and she just so happens to live on our street! She's awesome!! Anyways, we got into our room and IV started. Pitocin started at 7:30. Dr. Lawrence came in and broke my water at 8. I was still at 1 cm. 50% effaced and the baby was still not engaged in my pelvis. So, we sit and contracted for a little while and Rita came back and upped my pit and checked me - I was at a 3. 5 minutes later, she was back to place oxygen on me because his heartrate was dipping. I was breathing through my contractions just fine and doing great but, Rita thought that I would go fast and said that if I was sure I wanted and epi I could go ahead and get it. I agreed and it was placed at 11:05. Cooper's heartrate was still going down and I was placed on oxygen at 11:30 and the pit was turned off so that he could recover and my contractions stalled out. Dr. Lawrence came in and checked me at 12:10 and I was still about 3.5 and it was decided to turn the pit back on and try it again. Everytime my pit was upped, his heartrate would drop. So, for the rest of the day, I was flipped from side to side, sat up and then down, oxygen off and on, pit off and on. At 1:05 I was dialated to a 4, 3:55 @ 5, after that he seemed to do really well and his heartrate evened out. So, I was able to have my pit upped steadily without issues. 5:15 I was at 7, 6:45 @ 9cm, 7pm @ 10 and he was born after only a few pushes at 7:10 pm. During delivery, his heartrate was dropping again and the Dr. had to continually scratch his head to get it to come up. Thankfully, all was well though. His cord was around his neck but, David was allowed to cut it. Cooper was handed off to the nursery staff and he was given a little oxygen and suctioned out. After he was cleaned up a bit, he was given to me. His nose was a little bruised because he sat in a weird position for so long. But, other than that, he's perfect!! He is so small, especially compared to the other kids.


The Stats:

6lbs. 6oz. 18 1/4 in.






No comments: